Thursday, July 15, 2010

Monument Cafe

I met a girlfriend for lunch recently at Monument Cafe in Georgetown. I had always wanted to try it and it did not disappoint. They promote themselves as a small town roadside diner, like our parents would eat it 50 years ago. They have a large garden in the back and many of the vegetables you eat are from their garden or those of narby farmers. I had sweet potato fries and fried zucchini with my King Ranch Casserole. It was all wonderful! Oh, and they bring out a small glass of simple syrup to sweeten your tea with. Oh, and they make their Coconut Cream Pie with whipped cream instead of meringue. Oh, and I loved it all!
The decor is classic- white walls, stained concrete floors, deep rich woods, and blackboards on the wall. It was so clean and still vintage, a rare combination.

I highly recommend Monument Cafe!