Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Birdie Birdie on the Wall

Since Abby is beginning to transition out of her crib, we started converting her nursery to a toddler room. I have a love of little birdies (thus the blog!) and since she already had the blue walls and clouds, we had a great jumping off point.

Since Abby was spending a few days at my Mom's house just before Christmas, we took the time to make a few of the changes to her room. Here is her wall decal tree and a couple of the birdies on her wall. I bought it on etsy and love it! It was a perfect focal point. She loves to point out the 9 birds in her room- on door frames, above bookcases, in the trees, in the clouds, and on her light switch.
I also painted this inexpensive Hobby Lobby birdcage in one corner. It was originally a black metal color, but a few coats later and a pretty ribbon, it is now perfect for her room. I am looking for a cute little bird to place inside it.

Her drapes are from eBay and are brushed twill from Pottery Barn Kids. I got a steal of a deal on them and was able to cut them off and hem them to match her window. I have added the second panel since taking this picture.
Finally, over Christmas break, we made her bird pillow with the fabrics I am using in her bedding. Along with the Pottery Barn Madras plaid quilt, I am adding in yellow chenille and a soft blue polka dot. We used scraps from hemming off her curtains for the pink part of the bird. The bird was quick and easy to make using a $6 pattern I bought on etsy.
Up next, another coordinating pillow, artwork for her dresser and her new bed!