Monday, January 10, 2011

Woodland Theme Baby Shower Decor

Is this not the most beautiful food table you have ever seen? I can say that because I can take very minimal credit for it.

The idea for a woodland themed shower came from my friend Laura and she has all of the accessories to pull it off!

Me, Andrea, Mom-to-be Brandi, and Laura
One of the focal points of the table was this caterpillar cake. He was a cake form and it made individual servings. Laura snaked him around the table on these wooden platters and placed various real leaves under him. So smart!
To pull off this table, we used a brown tablecloth and then placed various sized baskets and wooden cutting boards around the large crate that has been placed upside down in the center. Adding to the browns, we used greenery and glass serving pieces. It was organic, soft, and beautiful!

I did not do much decor for this shower since Laura owned so many pieces. She is a professional jewelry designer and travels the country attending shows. Here is her website. I highly recommend her!

For the party, I made tortellini salad and crabbies.
We had the most sophisticated food at this shower. These girls made me mature my palette today! ha! We had a cheese platter, honey baked ham sliders, the pasta salad and crabbies, goat cheese and cream cheese stuffed peppers, asparagus with dip, dried apricots stuffed with almonds and dipped in white almond bark, cookies and cake.
I just love the little snail above. He was perfect for the back of the crate and was a gift to the new Mom. He matches the baby's new nursery.

Andrea's big project for the shower was this blessing tree. The Bradford Pear tree branches were perfect for holding leaves with sweet messages written to Mom, Dad and baby. It also provided a great focal point on the counter with the beverages and paper goods.
I played around with my digital scrapbooking files and made the almost new Mom these cute thank you notes that matched the shower invites. I think this is a creative theme for a modern Mom of a boy or girl. If Brandi were having a girl, I would recommend playing up the birds and flowers in the woods more to bring in some pinks and yellows.
The other big party this weekend was captured by more than 100 pictures, so it is coming up soon! I promise to tell you all about how to create a cookies and milk party!