Sunday, February 12, 2012

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

In my experience, any recipe from Kraft is good. They know their stuff!

I tried their Creamy Chicken Enchiladas last week and they are good and colorful! They have a good mix of chicken, cheese,salsa and cilantro.

Here is the recipe courtesy of Kraft Foods:

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

2 1/2 cup cooked chicken ( I shredded mine in my Kitchen-Aid mixer!)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
8 oz. shredded cheese, Colby and Monterey Jack, divided
1 cup sour cream, divided
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I recently learned that the scissors in my knife set are best for chopping herbs!)
12 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cup salsa, thick and chunky is best

Heat oven to 350.

Mix chicken, soup, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and 3 T cilantro until well blended. Spoon down center of tortillas, about 1/4 cup in each. Roll up tortillas and place seams down. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes. Top with remaining sour cream and cilantro.

Little Birdie Notes: I made these in two 8x8 dishes and froze one. It allowed for 5 enchiladas in each serving. I also added a little chicken broth in the bottom to make sure they stayed moist and didn't stick. Yummy!