Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pinwheel Fiesta

After making my Mom's pinwheel wreath, I knew I wanted one of my own! It is summery and fun and just what my sad porch needed. After seeing the ribbons hanging on Big Mama's wreath post a few weeks ago, I married the two ideas and my pinwheel fiesta was born!

Directions for the pinwheels can be found here. My biggest piece of advice- use 2-sided paper from a pack. You know it matches and will work well together! To attach the ribbons, I strung a piece of floral wire from the back left side to the back right side of the wreath and wired it on each end. I could then just tie all of my scrap ribbons with a knot. It worked perfectly!


My new summer wreath cost just $2.50 for the $4.99 grapevine wreath that was half price. I love when I can make something new without spending much and I can use up some scraps to make room for more!