Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Accent Kitchen Island

When I first bought Annie Sloan paint, it was for this project! All the others were warm ups for my new kitchen island! I did it on a Sunday afternoon during nap time and I love it! 


I didn't take step by step pictures for this project, but you can see them here when I did my first paint project. It really is easy- no smells, no sanding, just start painting and then age or just start waxing.


You can see the difference between my normal cabinets and the red island. Oh, and can you see a batch of strawberry jam cooling in the background? I was all kinds of domestic that day.


If I had my way, I just might paint and age my remaining cabinets cream and install a silver tin ceiling tile backsplash. It doesn't fit my style more than that! The first round of paint was really bright red- the dark wax gives interest, but also darkens the overall color to where I wanted it to be.


Now, the island matches my formal dining room color perfectly.


While I was changing things up, I decided to add a little pitcher display on top of my cabinets. It is fun and colorful which I like in a kitchen.


This is my 4th chalk paint project in under a month. I have gone crazy! Next project, my first commissioned piece of art and I used Annie Sloan for it, too!