Friday, February 22, 2013

Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken

 I am bored with planning meals and God willing, I have many more years of meal planning ahead of me. So, this 2 week period, my husband and I went through my hundreds of recipe pins and decided which new dishes we wanted to try. We are trying 8 new things over the next 14 days. I'll share them with you over the next month. Hopefully, we find some new dinners for the regular rotation!

We eat lots of chicken and we never fry it. But, we both love a good fried chicken strip from the local fast food joints. So, this recipe appealed to us.


You make a yummy honey mustard sauce that serves as the marinade and the dipping sauce. Then, the "wet" chicken strips are dipped in crushed pretzels. 


Marcus ended up making this one since my hair appointment ran long and we both liked it! We'll make it again especially since we have all the sauce ingredients in the pantry now. It had good flavor, was crunchy after baking and my 4 year old ate it.

You can find the recipe from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice here