Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chipotle Ranch Dip Recipe

I was asked to bring chips and dip to a party recently and decided to make my favorite Chipotle Ranch Dip. This dip is the spitting image of a local restaurant's beloved Creamy Jalapeno dip. If you have ever visited Chuy's, you've likely consumed this dip in mass. What I like about this dip is that is tastes like their creamy jalapeno with a little kick of cilantro, which I love!


Chipotle Ranch Dip
note: I don't have a source for this.... I've had it for a few years and can't find the creator

16 oz. sour cream
1 package Ranch Dip Mix
2 whole jalapenos, roughly chopped with seeds removed
2 minced cloves garlic
1/2 cup cilantro
1 lime, juiced
2-4 T milk

Combine the jalapenos, cilantro and garlic in the food processor. Pulse until finaly chopped. Add the sour cream, lime juice and ranch mix and blend until well mixed. Add 2-4 T milk until you have it as thick as you'd like.

This dip can be served immediately or does great in the fridge overnight to let the jalapenos heat up a little!

Enjoy!