Thursday, November 7, 2013

Easy Tulle Pumpkin

This is a little late than never kind of post!

I started this pumpkin last year and finally finished it the week of Halloween! It wasn't hard by any means, but I grossly underestimated the amount of orange pipe cleaners and tulle I would need. Once I remembered and Hobby Lobby had the supplies, I was able to finish it quickly.


You can find directions here along with lots of pictures.

It is pretty simple and can work for any shape and holiday. You essentially will wire a piece of plastic latch hook canvas onto an embroidery hoop and then attach pieces of tulle (or wire mesh) onto the canvas with pipe cleaners. 

I've seen candy corn recently, but also think that an oval Easter egg would be cute and a heart at Valentine's. Just buy lots and lots of pipe cleaners!