Friday, January 3, 2014

My 2014 Resolution

Every year I resolve to work out more, eat healthier and spend less money. And every year I resolve to try harder the next year. While those things are important to me still, I decided to focus on a goal in 2014 that "has legs" to it. I wanted a to do list so to speak. I wanted a goal and a plan that I could work on daily rather than a big picture end result goal.

My 2014 word is going to be GRATEFUL.

I am going to focus on the many blessings that I have and not the ones I still want. I am going to smile at the people in my life, the things in my home, and the world around me. I am not going to strive to fill my house at the cost of my bank account. I want to appreciate what I have and not look ahead to what I want. 

I want to stop wanting.

My Sunday school teacher has said numerous times that it is hard to ask God for things when you are focused on the many things He has already provided for you. So, that is my goal, my resolve, my word.

I bought a 2014 planner that has 5 lines per day. One page per week. I will be writing down 3-5 things I am grateful for each night before I go to bed. It may be big things like my salvation, grace, and my family. And, somedays it may be little things like my crockpot, Starbucks, and a good nap.

I will also be sharing on Instagram with the hashtag #annaisgrateful. 


I am so hopeful that 2014 is the year that I stop wanting and start thanking. I want this to be the year that I live a life filled with gratitude. Will you join me?