Saturday, March 31, 2018

What's for Dinner #9

Hello friends! Here is our Easter dinner plan and a few meals for the week... enjoy!

Easter Sunday
Ham
Euna Mae's Mac & Cheese
Green Breans
Pioneer Woman's Deviled Eggs
Coconut Cream Pie

Dinner on Sunday night is just our little family of three, but I like holiday meals to be bigger and special, so I'm cooking away all afternoon! I bought a fully cooked ham with glaze at the grocery store. We'll barely put a dent in it, so I'll freeze the leftovers in dinner size portions and reheat it over the next few weeks in various forms.

The mac & cheese and deviled eggs are family favorites and the coconut cream pie is a new recipe I'm trying. CC pie is a favorite of mine, but I'm picky. I don't want meringue on top, I prefer a whipped cream topping. This one sounds amazing!

Meal #1
Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad

I always feel so accomplished making this meal. It is healthy, colorful, and super tasty! My daughter doesn't eat salad, so I just make her plate with all the components of the meal before I toss it together. The dressing for this is really good- we've made it for regular salads or even to pour sparingly over nachos.

Meal #2
Rachael Ray's Pizza Puffs
Bag Salad

These are a favorite of my daughter. They taste like pizza, but are made in a muffin tin. Since I don't like much sauce on my pizza, I love recipes like this. They can dip away and I don't even touch the sauce! I'm planning to use some cubed ham from Easter instead of pepperoni for this one.

Meal #3
PF Changs Copycat Lettuce Wraps
Frozen Fried Rice

We made these a few weeks ago and while messy to eat, they taste wonderful and are an easy low calorie fast dinner!

Have a great week!