Friday, March 5, 2010

House Hunters: Ballard Designs

I am always wondering where people buy items I see in pictures on their blog. I also have an uncanny ability to remember where everything I buy was bought. I have to stop myself when someone compliments me from saying, "thanks I got it on sale at X for $X dollars last month." Those skills are going to come in handy for my new series- house hunters! I'll scour my house and give you a series of pictures with my source. Hopefully it'll be fun to share some of my favorite stores with you. If you do a House Hunters post, please leave me a comment so I can shop with you, too!
For our inaugural post, I am going to share a very favorite of mine, Ballard Designs. I think I first heard about them from my IRL friend Alison. She isn't an interior design, but should be! She wanted a dining room table from them and I had to go look them up. I don't think they have a store, so I've only shopped them online. Here are my favorites from Ballard Designs. 1: Set of three Apothecary Jars
You'll see these on lots of blogs filled with things you can't even imagine! They are a great set- large, tall and a good solid clear glass.
Ballard has the best collection of chandelier shades! I own the red pomeroy check. I bought them when they ran a 15% off lighting sale- the best time to get them. They are perfect in my formal dining room.
3: Red Check Monogrammed Pillow
This pillow is 12x20 and the cover is on sale for $4.99. With the insert and monogram, it is less than $20. Perfect! There are 47 different fabrics to select from. I'm sure one of them will match your living room or bedroom.
This is the new castered parsons chair cover in my craft room. It is personal, soft, comfortable, and looks great in my room. The cover can be taken off and washed or replaced as your decor changes.
5: Tuscan Pitcher and Bowl
I bought these during their Estate Sale last year. They perfectly match a fall runner I use in my dining room during the autumn months.
6: Blue Flower Candle holders
I bought these at the same estate sale. They were like $10 for 4. They are a hearty plastic and look great in the Spring with pink candles.
This was my very first purchase and I wanted it for months. I waited until I got my bonus before I could purchase it. It is huge- 44" x 32"! I use it to hold pictures in my craft room. It is great because it makes a bulletin board a piece of art. I'd love to buy a second one for my office.
Next house hunters- Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids!