Monday, August 23, 2010

Scrapbook a Wall

I loved decorating my daughter's nursery, but after having it in place for 2 years, I am getting the itch to redecorate! She'll be moving to a toddler bed soon and I am already starting to envision color palettes, wall art and accessories.

I think I want to cover one whole wall in her room in scrapbook paper. I've seen it other places and it gives a quilted effect in a BIG WAY! This is the paper I am currently liking. You can attach the paper with wallpaper paste or even glue dots for a temporary adherence.
Here are two examples from the blogosphere

Life Sweet Life
Smart Bottom Enterprises
What do you think?
It seems perfect for a toddler's room- if she writes on the walls or hits them too hard, you just remove that sheet and attach a new one. It is also pretty inexpensive and add a real punch of color and personality allowing much of the rest of the room to be more simple.