Sunday, June 5, 2011

Who Me? An Award!

I love the love shared among bloggers! Lucy gave me an award this week and I just love it! She said some nice things about me on her blog and we've never even met. Isn't that just the coolest? Thank you so much Lucy! I love having a happy reader and new friend!
So, in honor of the award, I'm to tell you 7 random things about me and share the love with other bloggers. So, in random order... hehe!

1. I spent a summer in Europe studying the European Union and attended Wimbledon as part of that trip. I am not a tennis fan, but I would go back just to eat the strawberries and cream. That was 12 years ago, but I can still remember them vividly.

2. I met my husband while interviewing to be on the student senate at Angelo State University. He didn't vote for me. :( It didn't matter. I was elected and served each year I was in college as a Freshman Representative, Student Senator for Liberal Arts, and as Student Body Vice-President my last year. I loved every bit of it!

3. I would love to meet Tim Tebow.

4. I could eat doughnuts every day for breakfast for the rest of my life. Likely, a short lived life due to a heart attack!

5. My daughter was originally a twin. Her twin passed away really early on (like 8 weeks pregnant) and if she had been a girl, her name would have been Amelia, or Millie for short. Through World Vision, my husband and I recently began sponsoring a little girl named Millie in South Africa born on the same day as my daughter. God is into the details of our lives!

6. I love colored pens and Sharpies, pretty file folders and my label maker. I spend too much money on office supplies.

7. I have been keeping a big secret for almost 3 months and finally get to share it next week in bloggyville. It makes me heart smile and will change this blog for sure! Stay tuned!

Along those lines- I created 2 new pages on the blog- my bucket list and our home. More ways to meet the person behind the birdie.

Now, onto my versatile bloggy friends!

I love Shannon's mix of family, faith, and home decor on her blog! Her style is simple and still unique. I want to sit around and chalk paint things with her! We've never met and live states apart.

Katie is the epitome of a Southern girl and she is moving to Texas soon! I can't wait to learn from her as she brings her Southern charm to Texas. Plus, her home is beautiful and now she has a new home to decorate!

I love Jessica's style, too! She mixes colors and patterns like a skilled artist! We share a love of scrapbooking, card making, applique and monogramming on our kids. She recently moved from the South to Detroit and had the best attitude about it. I can't wait to see Detroit and her new house through her eyes!