Friday, March 29, 2013

Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner

I have a little secret to tell you- my beautiful hardwood floors have looked like this in my formal dining room for 3 months. I have tried everything and they just haven't gotten better. When we had a puppy (for 3 months or so) he liked this room the best. It was his own personal restroom and I cleaned these floors more than twice a day. And, that led to build up. And, since I can't put water on them I just left them all streaky and sticky and hoped a plan would come to me.


Well, the no entertaining time has come to an end and I have girls coming over and they can't walk in this room on my streaky floors. Pinterest to the rescue! I searched around and found a homemade floor cleaner that didn't require a trip to the store.

After one good mopping with my Swifter on dry and my new floor cleaner in a spray bottle, I am in business with nice floors again!


Here are the ingredients, along with water. Super easy. Items you likely have on hand. Super inexpensive. Smells great. 


 I whipped up a little label for my old Oxyclean spray bottle and included the recipe for future reference.


Hooray for Pinterest success and thanks for Beckman stories for the recipe!