Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall Decor 2013

It is finally fall and I can't tell you how excited I am. My favorite season- football, candles, crockpot meals, scarves, I love it all! Here is my home all decked out for the season this year!


Aren't mantles fun to decorate? I don't think I could buy a house without a mantle! I bought a few new things this year including these bright orange leaves! They were $24.50 at Pottery Barn of 40% off of $6.99 at Hobby Lobby. Score! I also bought some fabric to decorate the mantle this year. I'll share more on this easy project later in the week.





Along with my new fabric and leaves, I used an old garland, some berry picks, a little silky rust ribbon and an assortment of pumpkins, gourds, and acorns. I own a giant trunk full of various pumpkins, gourds, and acorns!


Under the TV I added acorns and pinecones inside the dough bowl and kept the candles the same as they are year round. I added a think burlap runner (sold with ribbon) and more pumpkins in a variety of colors. Most of my pumpkins come from Hobby Lobby, but last year I bought a handful of new ones with metallics in them. I like the rustic and sparkle mixed together!




On my blue side table, I added two more pumpkins, both older from Hobby Lobby. I am loving the blue with all the orange, brown, and green this year!



A big part of a fall home for me is the candles! This year I bought Autumn, Pumpkin Hayride, and Blueberry Pumpkin Patch from Bath & Body Works. I love them all. Next time you are in there, smell Autumn. It is my favorite this time of year.


I added the fun little EEEEK spider pumpkin from Home Goods this year. A little bit of Halloween mixed in with fall is my preferred. I will pull out a few more spiders and witches in October and then replace those with a few turkeys in November. It is fun to change it up, but also have pumpkins out for 2 full months.



I added two simple printables I found on Pinterest to my entry table. I love all the "Keep Calm" options out there!


Another simple way to decorate, change out your family photos with the seasons. I framed out Abby as a 2 year old in her pumpkin pie dress from Thanksgiving 2010.


This little ledge makes me smile! I owned almost all of these and had them scattered about in years part. As a grouping, they make such an impact on my entryway ledge.


This little girl is new this year. Abby and I found her at Home Goods and we had to have her. I love shopping Home Goods for seasonal decor. They always have unique pieces for very little. I think she was $9.99.


In my formal dining room, I layered an old Pottery Barn runner with some burlap and then my ragamuffin garland I made 4 years ago. I then placed a tray in the center and a large footed bowl inside the tray and filled it with my tiny pumpkins, gourds and acorns.



Finally, I added a little display on the ledge inside my breakfast nook. I found the printable on Pinterest and owned everything else from past years.



Thanks for visiting my fall home. I hope you found an idea or two that you can implement in your house this season.

To see all things fall including decor from past years, click here