Sunday, January 12, 2014

Candyland Party: Dream Party Ideas

Anytime I start planning a party, I immediately go to Pinterest and start pinning lots of ideas for my party. I've blogged before that I don't feel pressure to do everything on Pinterest, but I love the ideas it gives me. I eventually have to narrow down because I can't do everything that I pinned and I can't afford all the pins I love. Here are some Candyland party ideas from my board that I loved, but didn't include. Let them inspire you and not shame you!

You can see my full board here and her actual party here

There are some amazing cakes out there! Wow, these were really impressive!

I love all the details in this one including the candy ribbon on the top layer.


The melted cone on top of this one is my favorite! 


We almost did this cake! It is a great idea since we already had so many sweet things for people to eat. In the end, I was afraid it would be costly to have this kind of impact and we'd end up throwing away a bunch of candy hot glued to Styrofoam. 


I loved these cones and had all plans to buy the stuff needed when I found chocolate dipped cones at Target. It was less money and a lot less time to buy pre-dipped cones. I would have loved these covered in sprinkles!


I think my party needed cotton candy somewhere! It just didn't happen but these cotton candy cupcakes are a great option! I love the pink and blue together. These would be sweet for a baby shower, too!


The amount of decoration ideas on Pinterest for a candyland party is overwhelming! One could easily spend hundreds of dollars on decor alone! Here are some of my favorites-

Love the giant cones made from quilt batting and butcher paper!


If I had served more of a meal with utensils needed I would have wrapped the napkins with ribbon and a lollipop. Such a cute idea!


This would have made quite an entrance in my front yard! Wow!


How much fun would this path have been throughout my house! I feared people tripping on the paper or tape residue on my wood floors; however, I think this is super cute if you have the right setting!


It sure is fun to dream of a party with unlimited funds from the endless ideas online!