Friday, April 16, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Teacher Gifts

I love my daughter's teachers at school and am always giving them little treats! Many of the items crafted on this blog can be inexpensive and personalized gifts for your children's teachers.

Take the idea of these beaded baby spoons and carry it over to the adult version- serving pieces! Buy an inexpensive serving set at your local Target and pick up some colorful beads at Hobby Lobby. These are sold for big bucks at all of the local boutiques. You could be a punch ladle, salad pieces, tongs, you name it!Don't forget to use your digital scrapbooking files to make notepads, stationary or take home cards. These would be wonderful for a teacher. I know I would love fancy notepads to send sweet notes home with my students- "From the Desk of Ms. Jenk". Another easy one with male teachers!
Remember this Our Family Rules board my friend Melanie made for me? How cute would it be in a classroom! To gift it to a teacher, I would purchase the frame, spray paint the glass with chalkboard paint, and give it to her/him with a chalk marker so they can establish their own rules.
I actually made these blocks for my daughter's teachers for Valentine's Day this year. I would totally recreate them with the teacher's name for an end of the year gift. Do them in colors that match their room or age group! These could even work for a male teacher. They'd be treasured on their desk or a bookcase for years to come!
Of course there is the ever popular posie pins I blogged about this week! These would be inexpensive, could be tailored to her taste, and you could even do two matching pins with hair clips that she can clip onto flip flops. Throw in a $5 Old Navy gift certificate and she can buy a pair herself! If you are totally non-crafty, my teacher friends always brag on the parents that give them gift certificates, especially to local restaurants. I couldn't be a teacher because going out to lunch is one of my favorite parts of the day!