Friday, July 3, 2009

Shopping the Square in Georgetown

I took the opportunity today to walk around The Square in Georgetown. I have had a couple of friends tell me about cute things they have bought in stores around this area and wanted an excuse to go north and get a McAlister's Sweet Tea.
Along with cute shops on the square, there were 3 fabulous shops on Austin just before the courthouse. I found this awesome necklace at Wonderful Things. It is elastic and made of soft balls of clay. Perfect for my daughter to chew on, pull, and play with!

The store really was filled with wonderful things- dips, fancy serving pieces, Vera Bradley, Tyler candles and unique jewelry. Next door was a cute kids store that monograms everything on site! The third store was antiques with some of the cutest displays I've ever seen. They had an entire collection of old stopwatches and used Scrabble tiles to display the word "tick". Really fun stuff!

Next time you are in a small town, check out the stores along the town's square. You are likely to find a treasure!