Monday, October 12, 2009

Green Chile Cornbread

Is cornbread a Southern thing? If so, I can never live in the North.
This cold weather made me want beans and cornbread for dinner. And, Southern Living knows a good cornbread. Now, I know a good cornbread and thought you should too.
Southern Living's Green Chile Cornbread
2 7.5 oz. boxes of cornbread mix (like Jiffy)
1 8.5 oz. can cream style corn
1 4.5 oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Mix all ingredients together, stirring until just moist (I HATE that word and wish I could find a substitute to keep my blog moist free!). Pour batter into a lightly greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy warm with a little butter.