Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Table Place Settings

I was lucky enough to host Christmas this year. There were just 4 adults, so it was simple and wonderful! I love to entertain- to set a beautiful table, make my husband pull out the fancy dishes, and prepare a yummy meal. This year was no different!

At the last minute, I made these place settings to hang on the dining room chairs. I saw them on another blog. I used small wreaths sold as candle "skirts", chipboard letters left over from this project, a red marker and ribbon. They were a fun addition.Our Christmas tree is in the entryway of our dining room which opens into the living room. I loved having the tree in the room where we dined. It felt even more festive. I have 2 sets of mismatched Christmas dishes. The bottom plates are red with gold stars and the bowls (I also have small plates) say "Jingle Bells" in gold script. I added Christmas wreath napkin rings this year and reused the olive green place mats I also use at Thanksgiving.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with all new recipes including a Bacon and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin that was by far the best and most expensive meat I've ever had, Dijon roasted potatoes and this cake...

Pound Cake with peppermint extract instead of the traditional almond and a candy cane glaze. I will make my pound cake with peppermint extract from now on. It was subtle, but really refreshing.