Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Capturing Time

Everyone told me being a parent makes time go faster and I agree. My first year as a parent has flown by. I wanted to capture that time and used a frame with monthly photos to try and remember how much Abby grew and changed each month.
This was super easy and fairly inexpensive to do. When she was a newborn I bought an 18x24 frame 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby. I had them cut a mat with 12 4x4 squares. They left the back open and I added her picture each month. Just remember to leave open space when taking your picture so that you can cut it down. My husband and I also starting taking pictures on our anniversary each year holding up the number of fingers that represent our years married. We frame the pictures in a collage and enjoy looking back at how much we've changed and grown through the years. I originally bought three frames which held the first 9 years. Recently, we celebrated 10 years and I bought new frames. We are good for 2 more years and then I'll need to combine both frames and mix them up. I think it'll really be fun when we've been married 30 years and our children laugh at our fashion, but respect our marriage.
Happy Framing!

3 comments:

PaperPetalCreations said...

Great Ideas!! I love treasuring moments in life through pictures.

Alison said...

You wrote "children". . . I believe you will need the plural and I also believe that you are an amazing mother. XOXO

Coco said...

The anniversary picture idea is DARLING!! I am starting it this year. Year six. But since we will be married for at least 60 years, it will be cute!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover