Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The United Colors of Accessories

I love colored accessories. I own lots of basic solid clothing and then make it fun with shoes and jewelry. That is my best piece of fashion advice- a cheap t-shirt paired with a big necklace can create a polished look for so much less. I love a white t-shirt, blue jeans and a bright bold necklace with brgiht bold shoes. Shoes and jewelry also carry across seasons and trends longer!
Because I can make my own jewelry, I have ended up with an excessive amount of it! This was my dresser drawer of necklaces. Every morning it would explode onto the dresser as I searched for the right piece to wear.

My sweet husband noticed my battle and when at Target this week he found me a jewelry chest for 75% off. This is my new jewelry all organized! I love it- I can open the drawers of the color combination I want and limit my options. My husband was shocked I filled the chest and that I own so many necklaces in the red/orange/pink family.
And, because I am certain someone will ask.... here are my color coded shoes. I have flip flops and dress shoes in another part of the closet. These are the most commonly worn shoes! Please tell me you all color code your jewelry and shoes also!

11 comments:

Carmie said...

Love it! I thought I have a lot of shoes and jewelry! I color-code my closet, my shoes, my jewelry, everything! Love your ideas!

Dana said...

Oh my goodness. I just came to your blog because I thought of you last night while shopping and then I see your jewelry. I have that exact jewelry tower and I love it. Mine has the one with the doors on the side too. Anyway, too funny that we have the same one. Another reason I was visiting your blog was to tell you about a shirt I saw last night at Target. I live in Indiana. I am sure most of the Targets have it. It is the "Cherokee" brand that they carry, purple sleeves with the front of it have a little bird in the middle and says "A little birdie told me" !!!! They only had 3T at our store or I would have bought one for my Ava bird. Anyway, just thought I would share that with you. Maybe you can get one at your Target! ~ Dana

harmonysong said...

hahaha!! THIS is GREAT!

Kristine said...

Girl...you are organized!!!

Alyssa said...

I am so, so jealous of all of your jewelry and shoes! haha!

Tabriah said...

I don't have color jewlry but I do organize my shoes in the container store shoe boxes (to keep the easily stackable and dust free) and then organize them by type and color in my closet. Organization is a great thing!! Thank goodness for Elfa shelfing and the container store!!

And, can I add that I am surprised Marcus was surprised by the amount of necklaces you have in any color??

Bernie said...

I love colorful accessories. Your shoes are so organized.

Beth McC. said...

I love it! I love all the colors and fun jewelry! I cant believe how organized it all is! Its motivates me...Thanks! Happy Friday!!!

Crystal said...

love love love ALL the jewelry!!! =)

Rachel said...

You are hilarious! I love how you color coordinate all your stuff! Wow, that would make getting dressed a breeze!

Lesli said...

Oh my word and I thought I had alot of shoes..lol.. love all of your jewelry.. I am so jealous! I used to make jewelry for myself, now I make it for my little girl! Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!

Lesli

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover