Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vintage Fork Craft

I saw this super cute photo holder or recipe holder on a blog recently and went on the hunt for an old fork. I found one over the holidays and awaited the all important half-price Hobby Lobby sale to hit.
You simply need an 8x10 picture frame, piece of scrapbook paper or fabric, one fork, scissors, adhesive and pliers or similar tool.

I used these jewelry tools instead of pliers.

Bend your fork to create a cup that can hold your photo or recipe.

Insert the paper into frame and glue/tape the fork to the glass. You can easily change out the paper for the holidays or if you redecorate your kitchen since the fork is on the glass. I also think you could attach a spoon and knife and it would look just as cute.

4 comments:

All Things Cherish said...

That is a super cute idea and would make a great gift for someone that loves to cook/bake. Thanks for sharing!

Dreams and Decor said...

This is the cutest idea ever! I'm going to try to make one for my hairdresser whose birthday is coming up later this month. I would like to make them for all my coworkers, too, but I bet that fork is hard to bend!!! I will let you know how it comes out!!! Thanks for the great ideas! Your blog rocks! Patti

April said...

Love it! I've also seen people bend spoons and drill them into their walls for hooks.

We are the Guerra's! said...

OMG, I loved that thing the minute I first saw it on your kitchen counter. I didn't get a chance to ask you about it, thanks for posting the how to! I am so making one of these for myself and my step mom in law's birthday...she will LOVE it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover