Saturday, February 27, 2010

Girl Scout Casserole

My mother bought me a cookbook for Christmas and I am challenging myself to use it and others to try a new recipe each time I go to the grocery store. I discovered Girl Scout Casserole and we fell in love with it last night. I had been looking forward to making it all week!
GIRL SCOUT CASSEROLE

2 lbs. ground beef
1 small chopped onion
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 can corn, drained
6-8 slices American cheese
2 cans biscuits

Brown beef and onion. Drain and return to pan. Place heat on low. Stir in tomato sauce and corn. Top with American cheese and biscuits with sides touching. Place lid on top and cook for 15 minutes. The steam will cook the biscuits like dumplings.

Seriously, that easy and good! Plus, it makes 5-6 generous servings! Enjoy!

PS- I have no idea how it got it's name. My guess is that a troop Mom would make it on the nights she had GS meetings. Anyone else know?