Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Queen Bed is Younger than my Parents!

Did you know married couple didn't sleep on a queen bed until the 1960's? I know this because I've been dreaming of an antique rod iron ed for my guest bedroom and discovered only twin and full at antique shoes, garage sales, and online.


So, I decided to buy a new bed and will attempt to make it look old. I bought this bed in white (the fun colors are reserved for twin!) and Rustoleum Cardinal Red spray paint. You can buy it in twin, full or queen; with a headboard only or headboard, footboard, and frame; and it comes in white, red, blue, yellow and green! With free shipping, I am SOLD!My poor gesutbedroom had really become the hand-me-down room with furniture and bedding we had used 10 years ago. I'm so excited to spruce it up and will share it all with you in the next few weeks.
I seriously contemplated buying this headboard? Can you tell it is a wall decal sold at Etsy? There are lots of options on their site and lots of styles and colors. I think it would be great for a small room because it gives the illusion of a headboard and takes up no space at all. My husband ultimately vetoed the idea because you enter this room at the head of the bed and it would be really obvious. Perfect for a room where you enter at the foot of the bed.