Sunday, September 19, 2010

Easy ABC Flashcards

This is my sweet daughter Abby Lu. She is in the "sponge" stage where you can tell she is processing everything I tell her. So, I'm carefully monitoring my husband's mouth (ha!) and using our time together to teach her. I found these flashcards online and decided her and I could start practicing our letters and sounds.
I used my scrapbook software to resize these to 4" x 5" and fit 4 onto a page. I color printed them at Kinkos since we were out of colored ink. I used my paper cutter and corner rounder to cut each of them out.
Rounding off the corners makes such a difference!
Since the back was solid white, I decided to pair these up back to back to save space and make them more exciting on the back.
So, we now have 13 flashcards ready to be laminated at Kinko's! I showed them to Abby Lu during snack time and she was interested and signed or verbalized some of the words!
Sweet Shoppe Designs where I found these is my favorite online scrapbook store. You'll find so many cute options on their site, so be sure to look around!