Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pie, Potties and Other Round Top Finds

I had the most fun with my friends Alison, Andrea, and Chandra (not pictured) in Round Top this past weekend. The twice a year antique show is a big treasure hunt spread out for miles along a two lane road. You never know what you'll find in the form of purchases, the people watching can be great fun, and it counts as a workout in my book! Just ask me about my sore calves after 7 hours of walking in flip flops!
Three of us shared a homemade buttermilk pie to fuel all that walking. It was amazing!

Andrea and Alison found formals for next year ;)
New this year, Royal Restrooms built in Wells Cargo trailers. They were clean, lit, air conditioned, and had running water. It was worth the $1 we paid to potty!
Here are my purchases- the silver baby cups will come in handy for hosting baby showers, the linen with a floral stiching pattern will likely by cut to make a pillow sham in Abby's room, the grey ticking stripe is a table cloth for my kitchen, and the 76 (year I was born) necklace is all mine!
I also picked up some metal Easter decorations for my entry table.
All in all, I had a wonderful day and love my new finds!