Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving with a family favorite recipe

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love this holiday- the food, football, and low stress of it. We have a small family and do Thanksgiving very casually. I would love to dress up and have a fancy meal one Thanksgiving, but overall, I like this version!

Our Thanksgiving would not be complete without my Aunt Vicki's Cranberry Salad. Because cranberries are so festive, you can make this for any holiday party- it is great for potlucks at Christmastime. It is simple, gets better the longer is sets, and beats the jellied cranberry from a can everyday!
Chop up a bag of fresh cranberries. My little Cuisinart chopper is great for this!
I even buy a couple and freeze them for later.

Pour in a large can of crushed pineapple, a bag of mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup sugar and a handful of chopped pecans. Stir it up.
Here comes the good part- pour whipping cream over the mixture and stir. I typically buy the large one and pour, stir, and pour some more. You don't want to runny, but want everything real covered. Overnight, the whipping cream and marshmallows become one and the dish is solid.
Chill it overnight and enjoy from our family to yours!

Happy Thanksgiving!