Saturday, January 21, 2012

2011 Scrapbook

I ordered my 2011 scrapbook on January 11th and it is on it's way to me! This is my second year to do a digital scrapbook (here is 2010) and I love it! The colors are bold, pages are shiny, and it all looks so professional! 
Here are a few of my favorite pages- I love the vacation pages, but the everyday ones of my daughter make me smile the most. I know I'll look back and be amazed at how small she was!


I use Scrapbook Factory Deluxe to make my pages. It is easier to learn and much less expensive that photo editing software. I use the same software to create blog designs, notepads, stationary, and much more!

The family photos were taken at Picture People. I love red and black together... it may have something to do with my alma mater, Texas Tech University!


I buy most of my digital kits from Sweet Shoppe Designs. They have new releases on sale every Saturday and I look through them and try to plan ahead. I don't end up buying many kits when doing my book since I have them year round. I currently own over 100 kits. 


I normally have about half the year done come December and then I get motivated to finish out the year! I have about 80 pages each year- 40 doubles if you will. I print them via Shutterfly and try to get it done in early January when they run 40% off their books. It makes a big difference!


If you are interested in getting started with digital scrapbooking, I can not recommend it enough. I have been doing it for 5 years and just love it. It doesn't make a mess, travels well, and once you buy a kit you can use it repeatedly. It is not like a sticker that can only be used once.

Feel free to leave a comment or email me if you have any questions!