Monday, May 7, 2012

Chuckwagon Casserole

I am a casserole girl- I will not deny it. I like to mix my meat, veggies and carb all together and cook them. Dinner in a big bowl is my favorite!

This Chuckwagon Casserole meets my requirements and tastes like chili and cornbread all mixed up!


Chuckwagon Casserole


1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can (15 ounces) mild chili beans
3/4 c. BBQ sauce
1/2 t. salt
1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix (plus what it calls for)
1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained

Preheat oven to 400.

Brown hamburger meat with onions and bell pepper. Drain.

Stir in beans, BBQ sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour into 9x9 casserole dish.

Prepare corn muffin mix according to directions and stir in canned corn.

Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover