Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas 2012: Tree and Mantle

I made it a goal this year to make my decorations different than past years. I wanted a fresh perspective without spending money on more decorations. So, welcome to my new 2012 Christmas home!


This year I skipped the garland on my mantles and went for a simpler more rustic look. My small Christmas trees are all 18" tall. I normally place these inside terra cotta pots on my formal dining room table. They serve as a great backdrop for our stockings. 


I just love our stockings! They are from Old Navy and I bought 4 of them when I was just a girl with a boyfriend I hoped would be my husband! They are plaid flannel and are soft and just perfect for my decor style. When we had our daughter (after 8 years of marriage), I finally had them monogrammed.


Our large Santa Clauses have been acquired each year. I always loved them on Christmas displays and would wait for them to be on sale at Hobby Lobby and buy one. The best Santas are bought in October :)

Both of these are technically tree toppers with the clear plastic cone under their clothing. I place them on top of a large candle on the sturdy candle stick holder to give them more height and stabilize them.


If you'd like to see my mantle in past years, here are the links: 2011 2010  2009.

My tree fits the country cozy theme I use in Christmas decorations- I have lots of soft ornaments. I used mittens, sweaters, flannel, big fuzzy Santa beards, vintage Christmas toys, felt and some wooden ornaments. I love our tree- it is a 9 foot skinny tree which works best in our space.


  I am blessed to have two wonderful seamstresses in our family. I alternate tree skirts between a plaid and denim skirt made by my Mom and this one made by my husband's Aunt Iva. I love them both!


Thanks for visiting and Merry Christmas!

I am linking up to a few Christmas parties here, so if this is your first visit, WELCOME! At Your Little Birdie, I share inexpensive craft ideas, lots of recipes, fun things for kids, organizational tips, and party planning ideas. Join along on Facebook or visit me here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover