Monday, February 25, 2013

Creamy Tomato Soup with Greek Yogurt

 I am a soup girl- I will not lie. It is easy, goes great with bread, and usually makes lots of leftovers that freeze well. I am normally a chunky meaty soup girl, but in my quest to actually make some of the things I have pinned, I decided to try this creamy tomato soup.

OH.MY.GOODNESS. This might be my new favorite. It tasted like pizza, and yummy marinara and fresh herbs and it took under 30 minutes to make. We had it with grilled cheese sandwiches and both Marcus and I just loved it!


The key to this soup is using an immulsion blender. You can buy one for under $20 at Target and you can use it on my other favorite creamy soup recipe.  This is a long stick blender that goes into the soup and blends up all of the chopped tomatoes, onions and herbs and makes it a thick creamy soup. This tastes very similiar to the soup at La Madeleine. The best part- no cream. It is made with greek yogurt. 


This soup would be perfect to share with a Get Well card for a friend. It is warm and super tasty! Find the recipe at More Fruit Please