Friday, March 29, 2013

Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner

I have a little secret to tell you- my beautiful hardwood floors have looked like this in my formal dining room for 3 months. I have tried everything and they just haven't gotten better. When we had a puppy (for 3 months or so) he liked this room the best. It was his own personal restroom and I cleaned these floors more than twice a day. And, that led to build up. And, since I can't put water on them I just left them all streaky and sticky and hoped a plan would come to me.


Well, the no entertaining time has come to an end and I have girls coming over and they can't walk in this room on my streaky floors. Pinterest to the rescue! I searched around and found a homemade floor cleaner that didn't require a trip to the store.

After one good mopping with my Swifter on dry and my new floor cleaner in a spray bottle, I am in business with nice floors again!


Here are the ingredients, along with water. Super easy. Items you likely have on hand. Super inexpensive. Smells great. 


 I whipped up a little label for my old Oxyclean spray bottle and included the recipe for future reference.


Hooray for Pinterest success and thanks for Beckman stories for the recipe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover