Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall Decor 2013

It is finally fall and I can't tell you how excited I am. My favorite season- football, candles, crockpot meals, scarves, I love it all! Here is my home all decked out for the season this year!


Aren't mantles fun to decorate? I don't think I could buy a house without a mantle! I bought a few new things this year including these bright orange leaves! They were $24.50 at Pottery Barn of 40% off of $6.99 at Hobby Lobby. Score! I also bought some fabric to decorate the mantle this year. I'll share more on this easy project later in the week.





Along with my new fabric and leaves, I used an old garland, some berry picks, a little silky rust ribbon and an assortment of pumpkins, gourds, and acorns. I own a giant trunk full of various pumpkins, gourds, and acorns!


Under the TV I added acorns and pinecones inside the dough bowl and kept the candles the same as they are year round. I added a think burlap runner (sold with ribbon) and more pumpkins in a variety of colors. Most of my pumpkins come from Hobby Lobby, but last year I bought a handful of new ones with metallics in them. I like the rustic and sparkle mixed together!




On my blue side table, I added two more pumpkins, both older from Hobby Lobby. I am loving the blue with all the orange, brown, and green this year!



A big part of a fall home for me is the candles! This year I bought Autumn, Pumpkin Hayride, and Blueberry Pumpkin Patch from Bath & Body Works. I love them all. Next time you are in there, smell Autumn. It is my favorite this time of year.


I added the fun little EEEEK spider pumpkin from Home Goods this year. A little bit of Halloween mixed in with fall is my preferred. I will pull out a few more spiders and witches in October and then replace those with a few turkeys in November. It is fun to change it up, but also have pumpkins out for 2 full months.



I added two simple printables I found on Pinterest to my entry table. I love all the "Keep Calm" options out there!


Another simple way to decorate, change out your family photos with the seasons. I framed out Abby as a 2 year old in her pumpkin pie dress from Thanksgiving 2010.


This little ledge makes me smile! I owned almost all of these and had them scattered about in years part. As a grouping, they make such an impact on my entryway ledge.


This little girl is new this year. Abby and I found her at Home Goods and we had to have her. I love shopping Home Goods for seasonal decor. They always have unique pieces for very little. I think she was $9.99.


In my formal dining room, I layered an old Pottery Barn runner with some burlap and then my ragamuffin garland I made 4 years ago. I then placed a tray in the center and a large footed bowl inside the tray and filled it with my tiny pumpkins, gourds and acorns.



Finally, I added a little display on the ledge inside my breakfast nook. I found the printable on Pinterest and owned everything else from past years.



Thanks for visiting my fall home. I hope you found an idea or two that you can implement in your house this season.

To see all things fall including decor from past years, click here





Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover