Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chicken Fried Rice

I am not a big fan of Asian food. No sushi for me, either. However, I do like fried rice. Now that I've learned to make it, it makes an easy lunch or leftover for me to have during the week.

I have made it with chicken and without. It is better than chicken if you have it on hand. We had it without chicken and added frozen egg rolls to complete our dinner.

Easy Chicken Fried Rice
recipe from Rachel Schultz.com

4 cups rice, prepared½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked (I recommend using slow cooker teriyaki chicken)1 cup peas & carrots, frozen1 white onion, chopped2 cloves garlic, minced2 eggs3 tablespoons sesame oil (I used canola)¼ cup soy sauce

Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 4 cups cooked rice. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Stir fry until tender. Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables. Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan. Stir in soy sauce and remove from heat.