Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving and Instagram

I am finally posting more to Instagram. I had it and never really used it, but now I am and I love it! Click here to follow me and see all the fun happenings in my happy little world. 

We had a wonderful pretty low key Thanksgiving. Our little family of three hosted my Mother and Mother-in-Law on Thursday for lunch. On Wednesday afternoon while desserts were baking, Abby and I made this little banner for the fireplace. I google searched Thanksgiving images, printed them, she colored them and I backed them with scrapbook paper and hung them on ribbon with clothespins. She gave each picture a name and was happy to give them out after the meal. An easy project and great for any holiday.


To only have five people at the table, we had food for 15! We ate a big lunch and then had leftovers through the weekend. We kept it simple by ordered sliced turkey and ham from a local restaurant, bought Sister Schuberts yummy rolls, and made the rest including cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and Paulina's Sweet Potato Hash


Dessert was my responsibility and I took it seriously! We were given a beautiful apple pie by a friend and I made my favorite Cranberry Salad, Southern Pecan bars, and Mix and Match Mama's pumpkin cake. Abby made sure the cake had plenty of sprinkles :)


 After lunch, Marcus and I went to the Texas Tech/Texas football game. It was cold and we lost, but lots of fun! 

On Friday, we stayed home and in pajamas all day while decorating for Christmas. Abby's excitement as the tubs came out could not be contained. It was precious! I brought out all of my snowglobes which hasn't happened since 2007. I just couldn't do it when she was little and knew they would be broken. I was due at Christmas in 2008, so there was little decor that year. 


I'll be sharing all of my Christmas decorations on the blog soon. For now, I am enjoying the view!


 I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too!