Tuesday, March 6, 2018

What's For Dinner- Favorite Desserts

I thought that this week I'd share my favorite go to sweets with you! These are recipes I've made over and over again for my family, friends, church events, you name it! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

CAKES/CUPCAKES
These Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are Abby's favorite and thanks to a school potluck, they are a favorite of a few teachers at her school too! Perfect for a hot summer day- light and creamy!


I have made Pioneer Woman's Tres Leches cake for years! It is so moist and flavorful and the perfect dessert to serve with Mexican food, a staple in Texas!



COOKIES
There are no cookies and big and impressive as these- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! We love making a batch of them and gifting them in a cellophane bag with a cute tag and ribbon. Because they are big, they are great for gifting to men!


I won't lie- these cookies are a lot of work, but they are worth it! I like to make them at Christmas time. They even won best cookie at my Sunday school Christmas dinner one year. These Cranberry Bliss Cookies are just a great mix of flavors!



My family has hosted an Easter egg hunt for many years and these Jello cookies were often part of it. They are perfectly colorful and flavorful! I'd recommend making them for Easter this year.



PIES
I love coconut cream pie and will select it over any other dessert! These Mini Coconut Cream Pies are super easy to make and fun to eat!


I first ate these mini apple pies at a baby shower and couldn't get them off my mind. So, I had to have the recipe. These are not complicated, but present really well! We love them!


Finally, I'm at big fan of Amy Hannon of Euna Mae's and so excited she will be at my church in April. I've made many of the desserts in her cookbook and none have failed me! I'd highly recommend her cookbook for the food and the desserts! You can buy a copy here


Have a great week and enjoy something sweet!