Sunday, December 19, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Favorites-Baby Shower Gifts

Today, let's talk babies! I bet most everyone knows someone expecting a baby in 2011. I am at that season of life where there are lots of announcements, pregnant bellies, newborns and toddlers in my circle of friends. I was one of 15 people I knew pregnant when I was expecting Abby. Needless to say, I attend lots of baby showers. I have 2 coming up in January including one I am co-hosting with a woodland theme that I'll be sure to share.
Here are my three favorite simple crafts to give the new parents something handmade:

1. Alphabet Blocks
I have made many variations of these and just love doing them, well not the sanding part! Depending upon your time, supplies on hand, and finances, you can do initials, their full name or the full alphabet. Step-by-step directions are here.
2. Beaded Baby Spoons
These take no time at all and this idea could easily translate to other areas- serving pieces for a hostess gift, red and green beads for Christmas dinner. Everything you need to know to make your own beaded spoons is here.
3. Alphabet Flashcards
Give them a head start and learn letters, spelling and common objects with these flashcards. You can buy the full set online here and just print and laminate them at Kinkos.
Some other favorites include




Don't forget tomorrow is our linky party- share your Christmas card with your bloggy friends.