Monday, March 22, 2010

Advanced Steam A Seam

This past weekend my Mom and I took my Steam-a-Seam addiction to a whole new level- mixing fabrics, using various threads, adding buttons and ric rac. My daughter Abby Lu has some cute new onesies for Spring and Summer!
This is Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba which Abby loves. She saw this shirt for the first time, smiled real big and gave Foofa a kiss. I saw this on etsy and decided to make my own. She ended up being our favorite! This flower is lots of fun and will match Abby's lime green leggings. Pair it with hot pink jellies and we have one CUTE girl on our hands!
I found this ric-rac at Jo Ann Fabrics. It is iron on and made with stitching around the edges to look sewn on. Since my Mom and her sewing machine were visiting, we added the middle stitch for good measure!

I love little birdies/chicks and this one will be great with her turquoise pettiskirt for Easter weekend. So stinkin' cute in Amy Butler's fabrics.


Our last onesie spelled her name! I love butter yellow fabrics!

And, last but not least, we cut off a onesie and made a dress for Abby. I love these little dresses and trying something new each time we make them. We added the little bib detail and lace trim. This will be sweet in photos!
If you search applique onesie on etsy, you'll find lots of inspiration to make your own onesies and dresses. Don't worry if you don't have a sewing machine, you can make these without that extra step!