Friday, June 19, 2009

Put An Apron on It!

I own a couple of cute aprons and love to give them as gifts. I find that when I am not feelin' it in the kitchen, a cute apron makes me much more domestic.... if only it can make the dessert I am baking low fat! I recommend keeping one in your pantry for such uninspired occasions. I bought a cheap coat hook at Target and hung mine for easy access.

I have had my apron for a few years and found it at Paper Source. I have also seen cute ones for less at Target, Cost Plus World Market, and Stein Mart.

Kyleigh is modeling my apron a few years ago. She wore it while making my favorite kid-friendly No Bake Chocolate Chip Pie. You'll thank me for this one!

PS- You can also convert your apron into a child's apron by folding the waist up before tying it. If hung on the child's neck the waist would likely fall at their knees. Grab the waist section and put it where their waist is naturally. It will create a "pocket" in the front where the fold of extra fabric is.