Friday, July 31, 2009

Heirloom Party

Another blogger is hosting a blog party and I invited myself! This one is an Heirloom party where bloggers can share family items they have received that have been passed down. I have 3 items that I love....
These are my husband's grandmother's Bibles. The top one must have been her everyday Bible until she passed away because it has writings inside, church bulletins, prayer lists and lots of little notes. The cover is cross stitched by her as well.The rifle hanging in the middle of the pictures belonged to my grandfather. He was a man's man who did a little hunting and a lot of fishing.

The final piece was my great grandmother's sewing machine. The machine stopped working and the wooden top was warped, so I refinished it a few years ago. It is by far my favorite piece of furniture in my home. My grandmother had the biggest and longest ivy in the world, so it houses an ivy for her.

Thanks for partying with me. You can see more heirlooms here.