Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mrs. Beach's Apple Pie

The smell of apple pie is lingering in my house for the first time ever....I'll admit making pie scares me. I've always avoided it sticking to cakes, cookies and bars. My friend Meg blogged recently about making her mother in law's easy apple pie, so I gave it a try tonight and it really was easy. Here is the recipe in case pie scares you too!

Apple Pie

5-6 granny smith apples

3/4 c. white sugar

2 T. cinnamon

2 refrigerated pie crusts

butter

Preheat oven to 425. Peel and thinly slice apples. Place in large bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon to apples and mix by hand. Spray pie crust with Pam. Roll out crust and lay inside pie pan. Press to remove any air pockets. Add apple mixture. Place a couple of pats of butter on apple mixture. Add second crust on top and press to close edges of pie. Slice top crust a couple of times, add a few more pats of butter and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for 15 minutes at 425. Remove from oven and cover edges of pie with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 375. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.