Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome Fall

According to my local Starbucks, fall is officially here. I mean, they wouldn't be selling Pumpkin Spice Latte in the summer. No way!
So, to welcome fall I am off to the fabric store to get something new to display when my fall decor goes out in the next few weeks......
Nesting Place calls this a Ragamuffin Garland and I just love it! I have been wanting to make one of these, but wasn't sure what theme to use. I've decided to make a fall one with pear green, deep reds, rusty oranges, golden yellows and chocolate brown. I think it'll be great as a runner on my dining room table or piano or even on the fireplace amongst the many pumpkins I have been storing for 10 months!
I'll be sure to post my tips on how to make one as I go. If you are anxious to do your own right now, just click on the link above for Ragamuffin Garland and you'll find the directions.