Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fun Storage Boxes

I am in the process of repurposing my scrapbook room. I love to scrapbook, but have finally come to realize with all the pretty papers and stickers in the world, I don't use my massive Stampin Up collection much these days. So I listed 40 plus sets of stamps on eBay and have been using the money from my sales to redecorate and make my room a more universal craft room. I'll share ideas from my redo and then share the completed room in coming weeks.
A craft room needs lots of storage first and foremost! I purchased 8 of these photo boxes from Hobby Lobby while the were 1/2 price making them just $2 each. They come in lots of colors and prints, but I chose white. My new room is black and white with a little apple green. I am married to red, black, denim and khaki in the rest of my house, that I love experimenting in this room!
I wanted to add a small punch of green to the boxes, but still keep them clean and simple. Using colored scrapbook paper did the trick! I cut my paper in a 2" x 1" rectangle to fit into the silver label holder and used my handy-dandy Sharpie to label each box. Here are 6 of the 8 boxes filled with my crafty trinkets. These hold eyelets, jewelry making tools, colored envelopes, stationary, card making papers, and so much more!