Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Decor: Kitchen and Dining

I love all the display space a kitchen and a formal dining room allows. Move over toaster and hello Christmas plates! The "Jesus" plate and the Santa plate are new this year. I made the top middle platter a few months ago with a silver platter from eBay and easy chalkboard paint. It hangs in the kitchen year round. The jar of ornaments on the bottom left are vintage from my childhood. The penguin and snowman are half-price from Target. Santa on the cookbooks is Jim Shore and was a present from my mother. The jingle tree and wreath are also Target. I really spend too much time at Target and Hobby Lobby!
These apothecary jars were super easy to make. See the details here.
Here is the table in my formal dining room. I saw these tiny trees and candle on a display at a friend's house. I love the simplicity and organic feel it provides. Plus, these trees are super cheap and easy to store each year. You'll find them at any craft store. They typically have the a round brown plastic base. They are just dropped into Terra Cotta pots and come out for storage.On the buffet, I intertwined a green and red berry garland with ribbon and green pear picks. I would love to use more pear green in my decor. I am loving that color right now!
These two Santas are from a trip to Michigan a few years ago. I bought them at Bronner's- the world's largest Christmas store. It is massive and required a second suitcase on my second trip! I wish I could have you all over for cookies and milk this holiday season in my kitchen! I'll be posting my two favorite holidays sweets this week- Peppermint Snowballs and 3 ingredient Turtles. See you then!