Monday, January 11, 2010

Master Bathroom Mirror Upgrade

I have been waiting months to upgrade our bathroom mirrors. We framed out our master bath mirrors in our old home and it made such a difference! I highly recommend making the change- it is little money for a big bang.

Here is our before picture- it is the standard mirror that comes with your home.
Here is the after! And, the after of my husband's sink.

A close up of the rich wood frame. This is the most cost effective way I know to get the look-

Buy frames you like from any store. I bought ours at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off.

Take your mirrors down and take them along with your frames to any glass store. They will cut your mirror down to fit inside your frames. I used Binswanger that charges $10 per cut. Each mirror was $20 or 2 cuts.

Take the cut mirror and frame back to the store where you bought the frame (we went back to Hobby Lobby) and have them give it the proper finish- backing, hangers, etc.

Hang your new mirror! We used 150 lb. picture holders since they are heavy.

I know you can also glue painted/stained molding to your existing mirror or buy a mirror already framed. Lots of ideas for a big bathroom impact.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

oh my where did you get that egg wreath?!

beth said...

That looks great! We would love to do the same thing with the mirrors in our bathrooms.
Hope you have a great day! Beth. :)

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Very nice! I saw on some other blog (sorry don't remember) where at lowe's they sell frame you can just stick to these stock mirrors. I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Lisa @ akawest said...

Your mirror idea is a smart one. It looks great!

Johnna said...

how did you get your other mirror down? we have a HUGE one in our bathroom and do not know the best approach to change this?

Coco said...

Love that look. In our master we bought two HUGE mirrors from pottery barn. Each thick and rich wood, but different colors and shapes. LOVE IT.

But PB isn't cost effective and we will remember that next time.

Looks fabulous!!!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

That looks great! In our house I framed our mirrors out with chair rail, and it came out nicely. It took a while, but it was totally worth it. I love the route you took, too! Great job.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover