Monday, February 15, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

A big thank you to April at Cup of Delight for the Beautiful Blogger Award and for holding post as the Top Commenter on this board! I'm certain we'd be friends in real life. With this award, I am to tell you 7 interesting things about myself and then pass it onto another Beautiful Blogger.

1. I have a Master's Degree in Communication and Adult Education from Texas Tech University. I wrote my Master's Thesis on the impact fashion worn by college faculty plays in their end of semester student evaluations. I was a 21 year old teaching assistant and struggled with looking cute or looking like a mature and respectable TA.

2. I love Sweet Tea. Really, really love sweet tea. I eat BBQ more than most men and always wash it down with sweet tea.

3. I have been married for almost 11 years to my college sweetheart. Our daughter Abigayle is 13 months old and came to us via in vitro fertilization. I know the heartache of infertility and now the joy of motherhood. I could not have asked for a better husband to parent our daughter with. She will be an amazing woman based upon the relationship she already has with her doting father.


4. I am a major football fan- more NFL than NCAA. I once proclaimed my undying love to Denver Broncos' QB Brian Griese via a marriage proposal on a poster board on Thanksgiving Day at Cowboys Stadium. He signed my baseball cap after the game and a friend of his took my picture to place on his refrigerator. My husband accompanied me to that game, but refused to hold my sign while I went to the restroom.


5. I love God and am abundantly blessed by my relationship with Him. I am not Catholic, but regularly participate in lent. One year I gave up shoes. I could not buy shoes for 40 days. It was tough!


6. I don't eat colored tortilla chips, seafood or meat on a bone. I don't like water- it tastes like mouth.
7. I was a Stock Show Queen in HS. I grew up in a small suburb of Austin, Texas. It now feels like South Austin and isn't as country as it was. I am much more of a city girl now and the thought of washing sheep, cleaning out rabbit pens or wearing western clothes is foreign to me.
I want to share this award with 2 friends of mine who do a wonderful job of sharing themselves on their blogs. Their honesty makes me think and makes me laugh! Alison and Erica, you are beautiful bloggers!