Monday, February 8, 2010

Craigslist China Cabinet Reveal

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she beautiful? This is the china cabinet in it's original form as I found it on Craigslist for $100. When my husband picked it up, we were told it was the seller's grandmother's cabinet from the 1940s. I hope she doesn't mind a little update :)
My sweet husband took on this project since I just couldn't find the time! He sanded, removed knobs, filled in holes and painted it for me!
We bought a high gloss black paint from Home Depot and vintage crystal knobs from eBay. To make the back of the open part pop, I used black hounds tooth wrapping paper cut to size. I was originally planning to use zebra scrapbooking paper, but decided to go this route at the last minute. I'm so glad I did. I think the print it more appropriate for the time period of the cabinet.
I love love love it and love him for making it so pretty for me! My craft room redo is just about done- I'll share the pictures soon! The entire redo was about $500 and was completely funded by the sales of unused craft supplies on eBay! Gotta love that!

19 comments:

Ms. W said...

I love it! It truly is beautiful!

Sandra said...

Great makeover...over the black and white checks...it looks great! Stop by sometime and say hi!

Anonymous said...

Super, super cute! Where did you find the knobs on eBay? I LOVE them. And houndstooth was totally the right choice. XOXO, Al

All Things Cherish said...

That is adorable! It turned out amazing, can't wait to see the big room reveal!

April said...

I totally love it! Great Job!

The Gumpls said...

I love your creative style!!!! You have a gift for making something old come alive again!

April said...

Oh and just wanted to let you know, I listed your blog inmy favorite blogs enntry today!

http://cupofdelight.blogspot.com/2010/02/five-blogs-i-heart.html

Heather Mason said...

Anna...just when I think I've seen all of your creative talents, you show me something even more incredible. That china cabinet is AMAZING...really! I LOVE the work you did to make it look so cool and stylish. You ROCK!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks great! I like the paper you used, too. What a great storage piece for your craft room.

Carmie of The Single Nester said...

Just lovely! Did you top the paint with anything to protect it from scratches and the like?

Prior said...

LOVE the black, very sophisticated, can't wait to see the room all finished. Lezlee

Prissy Southern Prep said...

love, love, love, love!!!

{ L } said...

wow! Amazing! You are awesome... I always enjoy coming to your blog. This looks gorgeous...I'm sure you're so excited.

Also, I'm doing a tunkables giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter if you haven't already:

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2010/02/unique-tunkables-giveaway-vintage-knife.html

jenjen said...

I love it! I love the paper you used on the back and of course black is awesome! What a cute update!!

XOXO
Jen

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

Just darling!

Miss Obara said...

He did a great job! I've seen these on craigslist thinking there wasn't much hope. That this is super cute!

Debbie said...

I absolutely love it, from the black paint, the glass knobs and the houndstooth paper (great choice btw). What a great guy your husband is for doing this for you. I'd love to try this but have always been fearful of commiting to painting furniture. Thanks for the inspiration.

Laney said...

The black paint did amazing things for that cabinet! Looking at the before, I probably would have passed on it if it were me. Good job!

The Little Red Shop said...

What fun!

: )

Julie M.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover