Monday, February 8, 2010

Craigslist China Cabinet Reveal

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she beautiful? This is the china cabinet in it's original form as I found it on Craigslist for $100. When my husband picked it up, we were told it was the seller's grandmother's cabinet from the 1940s. I hope she doesn't mind a little update :)
My sweet husband took on this project since I just couldn't find the time! He sanded, removed knobs, filled in holes and painted it for me!
We bought a high gloss black paint from Home Depot and vintage crystal knobs from eBay. To make the back of the open part pop, I used black hounds tooth wrapping paper cut to size. I was originally planning to use zebra scrapbooking paper, but decided to go this route at the last minute. I'm so glad I did. I think the print it more appropriate for the time period of the cabinet.
I love love love it and love him for making it so pretty for me! My craft room redo is just about done- I'll share the pictures soon! The entire redo was about $500 and was completely funded by the sales of unused craft supplies on eBay! Gotta love that!