Monday, March 15, 2010

E-A-S-T-E-R Blocks

I was in desperate need of some new Easter decorations and found these wooden letters at Hobby Lobby. They were sold as a set for $9.99 and were 50% off. I snagged them without hesitation knowing just what to do to them! I painted each letter in shades of pink and green and rubbed brown ink on the ages. I love a good aging technique! I then scoured my stash of extra scrapbook paper and found these stripes, bunnies and polka dots. I traced the letter on the back of the paper and then cut out my letters.
I attached the paper with modge podge and then used spray glitter to give it all a little shine. Finally I raided my spare parts and found ribbon, buttons, flowers, a ribbon slide to make my letters detailed.

This was an easy and super inexpensive project! I'm hoping Hobby Lobby carries a 4th of July letter set- I'm ready!